RSVP Notificaiton System
Recieve Instant Notifications with Voice or Text
7 Day Free Trial
Mobile Phone and Text Messaging Statistics
• 5 billion+ mobile users worldwide in 2011.
• 77% of the world's population owns a mobile phone.
• In the United States, 25% of people only have regular access to the
Internet via their mobile device (good argument for selling mobile
• Over the next 5 years, mobile web use will outpace Internet access by
• 8 trillion text messages will be sent in 2011.
• Application-to-person texting is projected to outpace person-toperson
texting by 2016 (this is how appointment reminder texts are
• Mobile messaging is worth $200 billion in 2011, SMS text messaging
is the largest portion of mobile messaging with $121 billion dollars in
• 97% of text messages are opened, while only 22% of emails are
Even More Text Marketing Stats
• In 2011, 73% of all adult mobile phone users in the United States
send and receive text messages. That's up from 65% of adults in
• 45% of 21-50 year olds polled prefer texting to voice calling, 38%
prefer voice to texting, while 14% are neutral.
• Voice calling is decreasing as text messaging increases amongst
American adults. The average adult mobile user in the United States
talks 450 minutes a month, down from an average of 527 minutes in
• Only 43% of smartphone users use their phone to make voice calls
but over 70% of smartphone users text.
• The average American adult (18+) sends or receives over 500 text
message a month.
• 80% of people surveyed indicated that text messaging was their
preferred way to send a message to a friend. The next most popular
option was email at just 7%.
Text Reminder Stats From Around The World
• In a 2004 Australian study of 22,658 medical patients, using text
message reminders was found to reduce appointment non-attendance
• A smaller study of British ophthalmology patients from 2006 saw a
38% decrease in appointment non-attendance using a text message
• The British NHS loses approximately 614 million pounds each year
due to missed medical appointments.
• 90% of patients polled by NHS reported that they would like to
receive text message reminders for the appointments.
• 78% of all patients in a study of 2,000+ patients in Geneva,
Switzerland found that text message reminders were useful.
80% of people polled under 35 preferred text message reminders to
phone call reminders or mail reminders.